Compeer Support Services offers facilitator-led support groups in a safe, judgement-free environment that encourage open discussion and support for individuals with any mental health condition.
According to the 2015 Lebanon County Community Health Needs Assessment, one in six residents of Lebanon County has been diagnosed with either an anxiety or depressive disorder. Furthermore, one in two residents exhibited some depressive symptoms.
Compeer Support Services launched in January 2017 as the newest program of Compeer of Lebanon County. This program is open to all individuals with a mental health diagnosis, or family members of those individuals, living in Lebanon County, age 18 and older.
Programs like support groups help adults in mental health recovery feel valued, inspire one another and allow them to act as role models for each other. Compeer Support Services provide a safe place to build personal confidence, empower people to work through their own problems, and reduce the stigma of mental illness.
Benefits of Support Groups
- Feel less lonely, isolated or judged
- Gain a sense of empowerment and control
- Improve coping skills and sense of adjustment
- Talk opening and honestly about feelings
- Reduce distress, depression, anxiety or fatigue
- Develop a clearer understanding of what to expect with your situation
- Get information about available community resources
Mental Health Support Groups
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday monthly
5:30 PM to 6:45 PM WGSH Classroom – Wellspan (252 S. 4th St. 4th and Walnut)
- 2nd Thursday monthly
4:30 PM to 6:00 PM Lebanon Townhouse Apartments
(1111 Reinoehl Street **1st Floor**)
- 4th Friday of every month
12:00 PM to 1:15 PM Lebanon YMCA* (201 N. 7th St.)
*Free child care – Must call Compeer office to arrange
- October 29, November 10, & December 12 1 PM Halcyon Activity Center (728 Walnut St.)
Family Member Support Groups
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month
7:00 PM to 8:15 PM WGSH Classroom – Wellspan (252 S. 4th St. 4th and Walnut)